When Urania was young/ All thought her heavenly/ With age her eyes grow larger/ But her form unmaidenly

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Scenes from a Marriage, Parts 1 and 2

He: "You know, I've been thinking: Valentine's Day, our anniversary, Mother's Day, then your birthday. Four occasions in four months. Maybe we should decide which ones I should really do something for."

She: "Okay. What do you not feel the need to celebrate: that we fell in love; that we got married; that I gave you children; or that I was born?"

He:

-------------

She: "Okay, now say something nice about me."

He: "Okay. You look really hot in those blue jeans."

She: "No! I mean about my Inner Self."

He: "Hmm. Okay. Your Inner Self does not get in the way of you looking really hot in those blue jeans."

She:

--------------

Proof positive that you CAN watch too many screwball comedies, Thin Man marathons, and Restoration plays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home